Important Sleep Statistics You Should Know
It is a well-known fact that sleep plays an integral role in our overall health and wellness. A good night’s sleep enables our body to recover and lets us wake up refreshed, reenergised, and ready to take on the day. It is also a fact that many of us don’t get enough sleep every night. Either we go to bed too late, or we just can’t seem to get comfortable enough to fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night. There are many ways that we can improve our quality of sleep. From reducing screen time and adding room darkening blinds, to playing soothing sounds and taking a warm shower, but the most effective sleep aid that you can buy today is a silk pillowcase.
A Mulberry silk pillowcase from Pura Silk will make falling asleep easier and it can even help you stay asleep throughout the night, ensuring that your body and your brain are getting the rest they need. Knowing some basic facts and statistics about our sleep is also important as it can help you understand why you have trouble falling asleep at night.
With that in mind, we are going to take a look at some important sleep statistics you should know:
- Adults between 18 and 64 need seven to nine hours of sleep per night. Adults over 65 need 7-8 hours.
- On average, we spend about two hours per night dreaming.
- In a normal sleep period, a person experiences four to six sleep cycles.
- REM sleep makes up between 20-25% of total sleep in healthy adults.
- Body temperature during sleep drops by one to two degrees Celsius.
- 42% of single parents sleep less than seven hours per night compared to 32% of adults in two-parent homes and 31% of adults with no children.
- Women have a lifetime risk of insomnia that is as much as 40% higher than that of men.
- Restless leg syndrome (RLS) affects between 5-10% of adults and 2-4% of children.
- Up to 66% of people talk in their sleep at some point in their lives.
- For adults over age 40, 69% of men and 76% of women get up to go to the bathroom at least once per night.
- Around 50% of pregnant women experience insomnia-like symptoms.
Contact Pura Silk
To learn about the benefits of using a silk pillowcase, contact Pura Silk and shop our wide selection of high quality health and beauty products today.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.