Handwashing your silk is absolutely the best method in preserving your silks softness and keeping it in tip top condition. Dry cleaning is a great alternative.
Hand wash in lukewarm water with a gentle PH neutral detergent (preferably one formulated for silk - check the labels).Please do not soak, rub or scrub. Wash the silk slowly and gently through the soapy water for just a few minutes. Rinsing can take a bit of time but thoroughly rinse out the soap and refrain from wringing it out afterwards as this can damage the silk. Rather roll the silk gently into a dry, clean towel to extract the water. Dry flat out of direct sunlight.
MACHINE WASH | COOL, DELICATE CYCLE
If your not confident in hand washing you can wash your silk on a low temperature, delicate cycle but you must follow the simple guide below:
- Wash like colours together.
- Silk should always be washed separately in a SILK-ONLY load.
- We recommend all silk items should be washed in mesh laundry bags using a gentle PH neutral detergent (preferably one formulated for silk - check the labels).
- Avoid the fabric softener! It is really not necessary for silk. It leaves behind a coating on your silk that with repeated use makes it impenetrable to water. Therefore reducing the quality.
- Silk dries very quickly. Hang the silk to dry, out of direct sunlight.
- Tumble drying is not recommended.
- Do not machine wash any higher than 30.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR OTHER PRODUCTS?
SCRUNCHIES: Spot clean with gentle liquid PH neutral detergent preferably one for silk.
SLEEP MASKS & HEADBANDS: Follow the hand wash method above.
FACE COVERINGS: Hand or Machine wash as above.
IRONING YOUR SILK
Ironing isn't always necessary, however if you want to iron then always iron on the lowest heat setting. Some irons may even have a silk setting.
- Always iron inside out.
- We recommend placing a press cloth in between the silk and the iron.
- Focus on steam and not heat, gently press the cloth with the iron and remove quickly, repeat over the area.
- Leave the silk to completely cool before removing from the board, this will prevent making more creases.
Love and care for your silk and it will love and care for you, for many years to come!